Monday, December 24, 2007

St. Louis has a lot to offer...


As a lifelong St. Louisian, I know the score...the high school issue to me is easy ---- it identifies your socio-economic status very quickly and tells the inquirer many things about you..my high school issue is somewhat diluted having attended Parkway along with more than 60,000 grads...my preference is my university -- Maryville where I earned two degrees and had success as an associate instructor as well. St. Louis has diversity---love that, wish we were more like Chicago and the city did not go to sleep so early. Everyone in St. Louis is connected some way...including myself -- a double-edged sword. I like doing St. Louis things...AB tour...malls...eateries...zoo...festivals...concerts. Since I am into dashion we are sooooooooooo far behind everyone else--it's truly sad...I am carrying around a two year old purse which get compliments all the time cause the style is just not hitting here yet. Today, is Christmas eve---hitting the gym for 2 hours this morning and making the rounds to a few friends houses. St. Louisians like to eat big food -- usually fried and breaded and very heavy stuff. Went to Florida for 2 weeks and never ate anything fried or red meat --- big, hearty portions are the culture here. So everyone will put on their holiday weight and become January joiners (by February you never see them at the gym again). In honor of those, I will work harder at the gym today then usual -- got to keep me ASS-ETS firm!!

So for doing the St. Louis thing -- here is a pic of me and kids at AB this summer--- they do a great job there and it is so clean. Merry Christmas

No comments: