Sunday, December 16, 2007

THE CASTING DIRECTOR CALLS and then....

The events of the last 2 days were interesting to say the least. Mike, the casting director checks out my pics and say that I would be cast in 2 movie scenes-- he tells me to bring my own wardrobe (not a problem) and to be make-up ready for the first scene and they would transform me into a goth for the 2nd scene. After spending 2 hours on hair, make-up, and packing my wardrobe and accessories - we get a call saying the shoot moved up in hour. Michael and I rush downtown (funny that would mean travelling Highway 40 in the snow on a Sat. b/4 Christmas). We get down to Grand and Washington and literally drive past the location several times as it appears to be a vacant building. We are told to park a block away. It is snowing and slushing. Michael carries the bag and I walk in my freshly cleaned jeans and boot trudging through slush. The inside of the building is barren, old, full of stench, and they tell us to go into the basement. A few people are there-- we are signing our releases and not too impressed with the group of people on the scene---okay it's not LA. It is now 3pm and that is when the shoot was supposed to start....they talked to us and okayed my look for the first scene which I was pleased with since that casting call was for 18-25 y/o. I met up with Shannon, a beautiful 23y/o with a nice look. After 2 1/2 hours, the crew had not arrived, my toes were freezing, and I could blow smoke in the room....in fact people began to smoke and there was gas in the basement as well as more people arrived (mostly goth) and they were quite frightening. I rang Theresa and she said they were still on location at the other shoot---delayed. I am now freezing, hungry, tired, getting a headache from the stench and smoke and weighing whether this is worth it. Michael and I left --- knowing my opportunity to be in the film just went out the window, we walked to the SUV -- the weather had turned bad and as we drove to the county we encountered a rough go of it. I spent the evening warming up, taking a hot bath, having some great soup and talking to Theresa who finally arrived at the location at 730.....she promised to let me know about the next filming time when they could use me and I was just happy to be home,

No comments: