Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FREE STUFF AND COUPONS

As a single mom, coupons were my life. High denomination coupons and doubles were the best for saving at the cash register. Always take advantage of sales and utilize as many coupons as the store policy will allow. There are many places to find coupons and back when I was a kid many with worth a nickel --- not so today...I have walked out of stores many times owing zero or perhaps just the tax. There is no negative in being thrifty as actually couponing and rebating are one of the consumers best defenses against rising prices.

Please don't tell me you don't have the time to "clip coupons". You don't have the time to save $1000's of dollars a year?

Fact - Most people spend more time planning their family vacation (which you should always look for bargains) then their fiscal future!

Coupons aren't just for your mother or granny anymore---they in -- they are cool -- what is not hip about saving money?

My kids used to say I need a haircut---do we have a coupon? That was great training.

No one should ever pay retail with the advent of coupons, rebates, buy one get one free (bogos) or negotiation (another topic for another blog entry). I have negotiated prices everywhere with managers even at McDonalds and Walgreens -- everything is negotiable and I will teach you how to be successful.

Now go and start hunting for coupons - they are everywhere and do not foget to check out your junk mail for oil change coupons, NTB have buy 3 get 1 tire for for and other companies such as Dobbs and Firestone will not only meet, but beat their prices with a little negotiation, however you must ask.

Check back often on my blog as I plan to offer my readers many money saving ideas!

No comments: